Establishing Paternity

When two parties are not married but have children together and are unable to agree on the parenting of the children, either parent can initiate an action in the Juvenile Court in the County where the children reside for either sole custody or shared parenting. If paternity has not been established, then either parent can initiate an action to establish the paternity and visitation and support orders.

Many of these cases involve young adults who are only beginning to shape their future and entering into an agreement that may not be in their or their children’s best interest can plague them for a very long time, unless the affected party returns to the Juvenile Court and petitions for modifications of the previous orders.

Serving Southwest Ohio clients in Cincinnati, Mason, Lebanon, West Chester, Montgomery, Hamilton, Middletown, Batavia, Wilmington and surrounding areas.

Warren County • Butler County • Hamilton County • Clermont County • Clinton County